Wednesday, June 15, 2011

just a little detour?


I made my first baby dress the other day:



Instant gratification! It was so easy- I'm hooked (as if I wasn't already addicted to textiles)! I started with my favorite white button down that had served its time (originally $10 from old navy, I wore it out). I simply cut out the neck area to use as the top of the dress then gathered the bottom half of the shirt to form the skirt. A bit of ribbon, some lace, a couple french knots and Done!


How am I supposed to focus on home renovations (see nasty bathroom vanity below)


when this is the alternative:



1 comment:

  1. So awesome Kasi! I hope one day I will be as creative and good with a sewing machine as you are. Had no idea you had a blog, but now will be looking forward to reading your post. Love ya and give that sweet little girl a kiss from me and Claire!

    ReplyDelete